NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I was born and raised on the Coast of NC near Beaufort. I've always loved the water but I've never really had much of chance to do a lot of fishing. I just bought a fishing kayak and I'm ready to get out and do some exploring of the good fishing areas in the Morehead City/Harkers Island area as well as learn a lot. I've been reading voraciously and I look forward to hearing what the more seasoned anglers have to say and hopefully get some input that will help me do a little more catching to go along with all of that fishing. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
Welcome to the site! You can take the kayak out to a place called The Haystacks. Its right there in your area and has plenty of fish. Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the site! You can take the kayak out to a place called The Haystacks. Its right there in your area and has plenty of fish. Brad
Thanks! I was actually gonna head out there as soon as I get my PFD and tank well rigged up to hold gear. Hopefully before the weekend when it gets crazy for the 4th this weekend.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Where exactly is that on the map, I've heard lots of good stuff about it but never been.

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
Riverpirate if you go on google maps and type in Beaufort NC youll see the port and if you go straight up youll see a big bunch of marshes that is The Haystacks. Brad

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
No problem. If you ever go out there make sure you try and go on a weekday and with a buddy. That place can be a nightmare on the weekends. And dont ever get into the turning basin in the kayak it is very dangerous even in a boat. Brad

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
No problem. If you ever go out there make sure you try and go on a weekday and with a buddy. That place can be a nightmare on the weekends. And dont ever get into the turning basin in the kayak it is very dangerous even in a boat. Brad
10-4....thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts