NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Hope Mills and am obviously new to this site. I have been trying to find places nearby that I can fish like small ponds or creeks. Have also been trying to find someone to fish with and maybe get some pointers as I am a novice at the sport. If anyone would like to advise or suggest some places to fish let me know please. Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Re: Lookin' forward to fishin'

Welcome to NCangler.com caliborn23. Our website is just a little over 2 years old so we are still building a presence across the state. I hope we have some members in your area that can respond. I'm adding "Hope Mills" to your thread title to give it more visibility. Have patience and lets see what we come up with. Are you interested in bass, crappie, catfish, etc? There are many folks here very willing to assist a new angler. Noting the species you want to target and the type of fishing you wish to do will help.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome, to NCangler. If they ever repair the Hope Mills **** we'll have a great place to fish again. I used to pull some 16 inch Crappie out of that lake. However. the closest place to you now is Lake Rim on Raeford Road that I know of. There are some great ponds and lakes on Fort Bragg as well. You can also try the Cape Fear River just down hwy 87 if you like to Catfish. The John E Pechamnn fishing education center is being construted at Lake Rim . They are currently running some Fly fishing clinics but I understand that they plan to offer insctruction on other types of fishing in the future as well.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm in north fayetteville near kelly springfield. I've found a couple of places around. One of those lakes are where they transplanted the fish from Hope Mills Lake and that is Mazerick Park. It's just off of Bragg boulevard. If you are going towards Fort Bragg on Bragg Boulevard it is on the right hand side about 2 miles before Eutaw shopping Village. It has a school right next to it. Not sure the name of it. There are two entrances. One to the park (1st one) and to the lake (2nd one) in the culdesac area. You can rent jon boats there but can not use their own due to PWC water filtering plant on the lake. There is also Rhoades pond in Godwin off of 301 North. It's right on 301 can't miss it. Hope these help. Maybe we can arrange something sometime. Although I coach for EE Smith the South View rival.:D

Reactions: caliborn23

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello and welcome!
I live here on Pope AFB. I have done a little bit of fishing around the area. Fort Bragg has a lot of lakes. But it cost $25.00 to fish them and they are not that good. If don't mind the drive Jordan and Harris lake are your best bet. Lake rim is a good place to take your youngn's if you have any. Lots of Catfish. Buffalo Lake on 87 as you are going north is supposed to be real good. Two things one is you need to know someone that lives there and Two the water is really low right now so that people that have docks can do repairs. I do all my fishing from a Yak or from the bank. So I hope this will help you out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I primarly fish for bass and have found a few places to fish, one being the little pond off of Dundle Rd. The others would be on Ft. Bragg (Mott Lake and Camp Mckall), but besides them I haven't been much anywhere else. I have been to Jordan but without a boat its foolish. I am up to fishing for anything really I just for some reason hate catfish. Thanks again for all the info.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm a self taught fly fisherman. (pretty bad at it right now) I'd love to hook up with someone one weekend that I can get away from the wife and do some fly fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.