NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a bunch of Google searches but couldn't find anything that fits what I need. I want to move from my Moss box to a backpack style. I carry a lot of gear four boxes would like five, bunch of plastics, drinks and various other items so wanted a tackle box that's more backpack style. All I am finding are 360 box styles but I hate having to buy all new boxes and reorganize the tackle I have. Any suggestions?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-XPS-Stalker-Backpack-Tackle-Bag-or-System/product/1304050935/

Heavy-duty 840D water resistant polyester constructionFully padded main compartment holds eight 360 or five 370 utility boxes
I followed that link and the write up claims five 360. I checked it out at the store and seems same. Plus if I cut and paste the link it says item not available. searching web site for the item number yields the 5 360 bag. Looks like they cut down on the size.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was hoping for about 5 boxes. May get the blue BPS backpack it will fit 10 360 so will need to buy some boxes but may also allow my organizing wife some fun reorganizing the tackle boxes :)

Reactions: RouseD

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
I have a XPS Extreme Peroformance Series back pack from bass pro that I highly recommend. It holds 4 large tackle boxes and has 6 large pockets on the outside of the bag.

·
Registered
441 Posts
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Sho...tem/product/10204414/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

I have used this one for years, works well and the price is reasonable, fits 4 360 boxes in the bottom, and room for 4 more in the top, has room for tools and bags of plastics. Its pretty much water proof, its been in a real heavy rain and my gear stayed dry inside. One of the best features, is it jips in half so, if you dont need the whole thing you can only take half!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Sho...tem/product/10204414/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

I have used this one for years, works well and the price is reasonable, fits 4 360 boxes in the bottom, and room for 4 more in the top, has room for tools and bags of plastics. Its pretty much water proof, its been in a real heavy rain and my gear stayed dry inside. One of the best features, is it jips in half so, if you dont need the whole thing you can only take half!
a buddy of mine has this one and loves it. I just didn't want to get all new boxes but may have to bite the bullet. I will have to see where I can get a deal on 360 boxes along with spinner/buzz box. I guess I can always sell my 370 boxes.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you check any of the regular backpacks in the camping sections?

Darrell
thats my plan next tim out. Field and stream had a backpack when I was at store last may need to ride over there again. I may need to build a little box rack for the highlander that I can use to hold all my tackle and than just choose the few I want to take out based on day, time of year and conditions. I an still learning what works when and may need to journal better so I can carry just whats needed versus tons of other stuff. My Moss oak shoulder bag will remain since I will load that up with my crappie gear, rod holders etc since I just need one box for jigs, shots and hooks and another for floats and accessories

Reactions: RouseD and dbeam

·
Registered
441 Posts
thats my plan next tim out. Field and stream had a backpack when I was at store last may need to ride over there again. I may need to build a little box rack for the highlander that I can use to hold all my tackle and than just choose the few I want to take out based on day, time of year and conditions. I an still learning what works when and may need to journal better so I can carry just whats needed versus tons of other stuff. My Moss oak shoulder bag will remain since I will load that up with my crappie gear, rod holders etc since I just need one box for jigs, shots and hooks and another for floats and accessories
I have found that I can carry way too much with me with the pack. I usually only carry half the tackle. But I can use the rest of the bag for snacks and drinks, especially when I take my kids. Once you figure out what works then you can significantly reduce the amount of tackle you need to carry

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I thought about this bag when I saw this thread but figured that it had been lost during aggressive downsizing last year. I stumbled across it this morning while digging the kayak out. Its canvas shoulder strap style, not backpack, but it will hold 6 370 boxes for sure - I think 7 and maybe even 8 (tight). I used it in the boat, with a double-deep 370 in the top zipper pouch and 5 or 6 singles in the bottom.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Luggage and bags Trunk
Motor vehicle Automotive design Luggage and bags Bumper Automotive exterior

It hasn't seen the light of day since the boat left in 2006 or so. I'd make an offer you can't refuse if there was any interest at all.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought about this bag when I saw this thread but figured that it had been lost during aggressive downsizing last year. I stumbled across it this morning while digging the kayak out. Its canvas shoulder strap style, not backpack, but it will hold 6 370 boxes for sure - I think 7 and maybe even 8 (tight). I used it in the boat, with a double-deep 370 in the top zipper pouch and 5 or 6 singles in the bottom.

View attachment 67905 View attachment 67906

It hasn't seen the light of day since the boat left in 2006 or so. I'd make an offer you can't refuse if there was any interest at all.
I think Santa got me something will let ya know

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.