NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 21 I'm out of Mount Airy nothing but rivers, and lakes n ponds are private. I can't go up the river cause most of the good spots you need waders or warm weather I was in a car accident and I have an injury to my left hand as of now I'm in a cast. had surgery recently, cast should be off in a week. but I'll still have open wounds .......... and I have no friends with the land. I can meet within an hour of Mount airy but still struggle driving any distance if I'm honest. i need better fishing spots too, because the public spots are overfished. i am using minimum equipment I've been out of work since the accident. My friend bought me my license to help me out. if you got space on a boat for one more I'd appreciate it. if you don't have a boat that's okay maybe after a couple more months I can afford an inflatable raft........ Besides all that looking for Good times Chill vibes Big fish and a good sense of humor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should also add I have nothing but free time except Monday I have physical therapy I am available nearly everyday

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wish I could invite you with me sometime, since I'm in Winston, but I've got several life-long friends & my brother fighting to get on my small boat with me at every opportunity. And I have several others wanting me to take them that I haven't found time for yet. I guess you could say I have a waiting list.
But maybe I can give you some ideas. Hanging Rock State Park Lake is nice & a little over 40 minutes from Mt Airy. You can fish for free from the bank, pier, or they'll rent you a boat or canoe by the hour. They have trout, bass, & brim. You don't need a trout stamp there, just a regular state fishing license.
The Ararat River is very accessible at Riverside Park. Check Current Fishing Regulations (ncwildlife.org) to see what you'll need to avoid fines since this is regulated trout water.
Salem Lake rents boats & kayaks or you can fish from the pier. No bank fishing though & there are fees to fish.
Belews Lake is quite charming but can be tough to fish since the water is so clear. But I see lot's of folks bank fishing there. No fees.
The New River dips into NC about an hour from you. Easily the best River I've ever fished.
The Yadkin River is supposedly decent fishing from what I hear. I've been aiming to check it out & do some wading around the Bean Shoals area in Pilot Mountain State Park.
There are other bodies of water within an hour of you but I have no experience with them yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the tips man, if you ever wanna just meet up hit a river I'm open to it. I'll definitely try to check out these places, my parents used to have a boat then sold it and got kyaks i might be able to barrow it one afternoon, when I'm not bandaged up, buy a little motor or something when we got money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts