NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a second home in KURE Beach now and i am looking for some good spots for speck fishing/flounder fishing. i was born and raised in Florida the fishing seems to be alot different here. i know what worked their but i still need to know where to start. i am looking to buy a small back water boat canoe or kayak also, any suggestions on where to go in the Wilmington area for this would help also.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Don't know any specific spots for you around Kure beach but this time of year the best place to start for flounder is near the inlets. They are staging to move back into waterway and creeks as the bait fish show up. The Specks are coming from the other directions, out of the creeks and into the Waterway.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ft. Fisher is a really solid place to surf fish, you got a 4x4? We vacation carolina/kure so wish I got out there more often but I have never left empty handed surf fishing there. I usually catch flounder, not too many specks but drum, blues and sharks are plentiful. Spots and mullet as well but I guess everything is seasonal.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you can come down on June 28th, I am having a Meet and Greet Kayak Fishing Event. There will be 30+ kayak anglers meeting down at Fort Fisher to fish and hang out for the day. There are trout in there but I'm not the one to talk to them about. They're a rare treat for me.

Make a stop by Hook, Line, and Paddle on Eastwood Rd. in Wilmington if you need a fishing kayak. Tex's Tackle will get you hooked up with good gear and they're right by HL&P.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.