NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Brothers,
I just moved to Apex, NC and I'm looking for a Christian fishing partner. I moved her from CA about 5 weeks ago and my wife and I just got connected in our new church. It's called Hope Chapel in Apex. Anyways, I was hoping I could get on the water with someone local that shares the same faith and is somewhat familiar with the local lakes in regards to bass fishing. Let me know. I just purchased a newer Nitro bass boat and I'm dying to catch some fish. My email address is [email protected].
God Speed,
Joe

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You've already taken a good first step -- this is a great place to e-fish.

I was about to suggest that the next step would be to pray for rain, lest you dash your lower unit against a stone... I don't know how big a threat that is after last week's rain...

I usually fish from my kayak (need not fear the drought as much) and haven't really figured out how to consistently catch anything but sticks, but if ya want some company sometime, I'll be happy to oblige. :D

Our Connections forum is set up for just this purpose, once you get a date in mind...

Welcome to NCAngler and the Triangle area!
Lefty

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Welcome Joe - I'm up in North Raleigh. I had a fishing boat but replaced it last year with kayaks (upgraded:)). I fish a bunch with Lefty and some of the other Kayakers out here. I'm most familiar with Falls, but have made a few trips to Harris over the years. Even caught some fish once or twice... Have been hitting a lot of different spots since I switched to the kayaks.

Its a tough fall with the water levels and ramp closures - definitely need to be careful out there lest you wind up permanently beached (should be harder to do in a bassboat, but not impossible I suppose).

Glad to give advice or come along sometime if we can work out the dates & times. Also have a spare kayak if you want to fish in the slow lane with us sometime.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Joe,

I live in Apex. I used to do a lot of bass fishing but I sold my boat. I have fished a lot of tournaments on all of the area lakes in years past. I am not an expert by any means but I know a little about the area lakes. We might not catch a lot of fish but if you wouldn't mind the company I would be blessed to join you and thoroughly enjoy talking about the things of the Lord in the process.

PM sent.

Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
not faith based....but...

where in CA did you come from? I grew up in Claremont, CA and grew up fishing the Balboa Pier...

let me know and i can point you in some California-like fishing directions.

welcome to NC, and get ready for some major In N Out Burger withdrawals!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.