NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live near Shelby NC and I am looking for a place to take the kids fishing. I grew up in the mountains of NC near Boone and knew of plenty of places to trout fish but after moving south, I just don't know where to go. I live near Moss Lake but don't have a boat. Farm ponds would be ideal but once again, not being from around here I just don't know many people. Catch and release is fine also.

any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Locks,
Check the NC Wildlife Resources Commission site for Public Fishing Areas (PFAs). These are scattered about the state and have easy foot and handicap access with parking to productive waters. I'm not sure about the Shelby area but it's worth checking out. Also, with an internet connection, access your county GIS maps to identify the ponds in your area. Get the parcel numbers and access the public record. Once you know who the owner is, you can ask for permission. They will either say yes or no. Google Earth is another valuable fishing tool. Good luck.
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.