NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently moved to NC from AZ and have been trying to find a nice fishing hole that I can take my 3.5 year old out to and pull in some bass. I've had a lot of success with catfish lately in the local lakes, but was wondering if anyone knows of any good bass fishing (from bank) locations out here.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
If your taking your son along be careful of snakes. Durant has a lot of nice access spots along the banks and I haven't seen a lot of snakes since the path is walked by many people daily. There are also some nice paths on falls lake just drive along roads near lake and look for the paths but snakes and ticks are main issues.

Umstead is also a good spot since it has a nice grassy area that may make it easier for the little guy a few snakes but that grassy area and the boat house and little walkway make decent places to fish.

I fish lake Lynn a lot but except for the bridges takinga little guy into any of the spots could be rough since a lot of poison ivy and snakes.

good luck hope ya get some bass. Barrett farms pond look them up on Facebook seems like a nice place never been there but lots of nice pictures

1 - 3 of 3 Posts