NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to topsail Sunday night for an all-nighter with basswrangler. Got a bet running with another buddy so we need to get on some bigger fish. Specifically long fish, 20" or more. Drum, shark, ray, bluefish doesn't matter to me. Sound or surf as long as its bank fishing on topsail. Any advice as to where we should try first? Thinking surf for rising tide then dredge dock afterwards but not positive. Usually I'd go to the south point to fish for sharks but I always have my rigs cut by the shell line when I hook bigger fish there. we will be there from Sunday afternoon till Monday around noon.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
There is a spot ( Grey street ) that alot of sharkers used to fish at and use kayaks to get their baits out. They have landed some very nice ones from there. Its around milepost 11 .

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Aint seen yall around lately. Swing by the shop sometime. Bring you some hooks, I got everything else to make drum rigs.
I'm there usually early afternoons Saturday and Sunday until.....
During the week alot of times from midnight until 3 or 4 in the morning.

I have everything for 400 pound test sharks rigs....Just bring whatever hooks you want to use.
I'll show yall how to make a few rigs and let yall sit and make some.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw you out there the other day when I drove by and was gonna stop but you always look so busy. I might stop by tomorrow, I want to see that kayak you're building.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts