NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I moved here back in Nov and am looking for a group that fishes in a group setting, I am looking to expand my knowledge of bass fishing in the area. I mostly fish Norman and Hickory but am definitely open to fishing other lakes. I have a 16ft aluminum boat which for some reason seems to deter people from allowing me in the clubs around here? It has a 50gal live well with airrator so keeping fish alive is not a problem, also it has a 40hp so it really does go that much slower than some of your smaller bass boats. I have had no luck in finding a group and have searched the internet and other sources pretty hard. Also I am an Army vet so if there is a veterans group that anyone knows of that would be awesome. Thank you very much for your time and good luck fishing!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Bluecord? like the the infantry blue cord? I'm an old 11B4X..

Keep watching this forum for a Red X event on one of the lakes. You're going to find more kayak or canoe oriented events posted than you will anything else but many of us take power boats to the Red X lake events There's also a river bass fishing group (riverbassin.com) but they're float oriented... Thought about a kayak?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bluecord? like the the infantry blue cord? I'm an old 11B4X..

Keep watching this forum for a Red X event on one of the lakes. You're going to find more kayak or canoe oriented events posted than you will anything else but many of us take power boats to the Red X lake events There's also a river bass fishing group (riverbassin.com) but they're float oriented... Thought about a kayak?
Yeah I was Infantry 11bangbang, I use to have a canoe that I fished out of but sold it, I dont think my wife will let me buy another boat right now, thanks for the advice and I will keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I'm not a club guy, but I lived near Lake Norman until recently.

There is a monthly bass tournament at McCrary access on Lake Norman.

two guys to reach out to who might be able to help you....

Jake Bussolini - Jake is an author of several books about Lake Norman, and he is an avid fisherman. I know he belongs to some clubs, but I don't know which ones. He's got a membership on this site, but he doesn't come here much... If you sent him a sitemail, it may reach him his id here is jakestake

Mac Bynum - He's a catfish guide on LKN who fished many torunaments here. He'll know where the tournaments are.

Three places to try to find fishing clubs/tourneys....
- Perth Bait & tackle - Perth Road in Troutman, near Autumn Lane. Old time bait shop where the old timers hang out
- Boater's World - Brawly School Road, Mooresville about 3 miles west of I-77 exit 35. Some club meets here.
- Midway Bait & Tackle - Denver, just west of the NC150 bridge. The guy working there will probably know about some connections.

Nothing definite... But perhaps something there that will help you.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts