NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings
I'm Bob an older dude and the wife doesn't like me going cat fishing alone, so I need a fishing buddy for some night fishing on High rock. I have lanterns and an extra Coleman chair for the right person. I'm disabled so I tend to park close to the fishing spot and for this reason she wants me to have someone along just in case. I go one maybe two nights a week if possible, leaving the house around 6 and staying till around 2 or 3 in the morning. Longer if there biting good. I use livers and shad, and have most everything needed. Fridays are normally set in stone for me or Saturdays if the weathers bad Friday night. Hoping to find a constant buddy and maybe new friend, we never have enough, and my last friend flaked out and got drunk way to much. Afew beers is cool but he thought I Kent afew cases and got carried away. I'm like an old dog, very loyal to fishing. If you have any questions ask away and I'll try and answer them quickly. Here's to a new friendship and lots of fish in the fryer.

Bob

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
I hope you get some bites, both on the water and on your thread. You found a great place to find great people; keep active on the forums, especially in the Freshwater Fishing section or Piedmont Reports section and you may find additional traffic to this section. Good luck, and welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I wish you luck too.... Just not my style of fiahing, and I wouldn't be able to stay awake for a drive home after 2:00 am.

·
Registered
236 Posts
on high rock if your wanting channels use fresh shrimp or cut bait and you can load the cooler...if you are seeking the trophy flat heads lean more toward live bream and white perch...as well as 1 good 8-10 inch crappie...I might can help if you tell me the wildlife areas you are trying...I live on the lake and fish it almost every day...always willing to help out where I can

·
Registered
236 Posts
You have buddle creek and then you have the wildlife at hwy 8 (mouth of abbotts creek) the bridge at sheets bottom of hwy 47...second creek wildlife rowan county...york hill access at 85 crossing (upriver of lake)...or you can try your luck at tuckertown in various places...behind the dam used to be awesome...haven't fished there is a few years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.