NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

I just moved here with my wife and we are looking for places to fish. We are from Minnesota and completely new to the "catfish region". We are used to lake shore and lake boating fishing for bass, crappie, walleye, bluegills, and northern pike. Any information about techniques, lakes, or river fishing in this region/within a 45 minute drive from Fort Bragg would be much appreciated. Thank you.

By the way I caught my first catfish last weekend at Bond park up in Cary, NC (photo is attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Welcome to the greatest fishing forum out there!!!! lol well you have the cape fear near you use cut eel or live bluegill or chicken livers on a carolina rig, lake upchurch has some cats from what i was told but have not caught any from there yet. Then you can travel down my way and hit the lumber river its full of cats,bowfin,and gar, and really nice bass there is alot more people on here that will chime in on this they have helped me out alot good luck and maybe we can meet up and cast a line some time

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I invite you to join the Fayetteville Area Angling Network. Our site is Fayettevilleanglers.com. I would recommend getting a Bragg fishing license also. Opens up some more places to fish. There is also Rhodes Pond in Godwin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
northernboy

hey man names wade i live in spring lake and know most of the areas to fish around here there are a few on bragg need a state and bragg lisence to fish it but can show you a few good spots on the cape fear as well as some good ones at jordan and harris lake and would be glad to show you message me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.