NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on some older posts on the site, I went to Sharon Harris looking for lily pads. I went up past the bridge all the way to the northern end of the lake. Unfortunately, no lily pads. It seems they are being actively managed (contained) - see photo - along the entire western shoreline north of the bridge.

I would love to know where to find some lily pads for frog fishing within one hours drive from Raleigh. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

For what it's worth, I caught one white perch, no LMB. I did see a ton of fish on the fish finder.

Tight lines.
Water Plant Tree Natural landscape Lake

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hard to find them in the Piedmont these days. All of our smaller lakes used to be loaded with them but not do any more. You can find a lot on the rivers to the East such as the chowan, Roanoke, perquimmons, etc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If it is just frogging you want to do, don't worry about looking for lily pads. I have done really well just throwing around whatever grass or wood I could find, both on Shearon Harris and Jordan.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Some small lakes in Raleigh used to be loaded with them however HOAs decided the lake needed cleaning up, drained them down and killed the lillypads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts