NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran out of New River inlet yesterday looking for live bottom and hoping to find a flounder or two. Well we found some sharks and saw some amberjacks. I also saw some Spanish close to the beach but we didn't troll for them.

I have had worse Saturdays and that is a fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIh-jyljsTQ&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
The sea striker 1/2 ounce are the ones I use. I preferred the ones made by Prototype baits that used to post on here all of the time, but he's no longer making them. His were a touch shorter and when the Spanish were sipping on tiny glass minnows they worked much better. Silver has always worked better for me than any other color

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep a spinning rod rigged with small diamond jigs or stingsilvers to throw at the Spanish. More exciting and much easier than trolling for them, and they are always at the ready. I don't leave the inlet without a a couple rigged and ready.
I have one with a bucktail and one with a little casting spoon. We just didn't toss them yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.