NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading to CaLo for four days on the first ferry at 7 on a Monday, which means I'll be leaving the triad around midnight to comfortably get there and get breakfast.

But, I'd also like to get the freshest mullet and shrimp I can for the trip.

I don't know the triad well enough to know where to get some, especially on a Sunday. And everywhere I know from here to Davis on 70 will be closed when I pass through.

Suggestions on spots in the triad? Anyone have a guy that will take an order and leave it "out back"?

thanks

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
If you can throw a cast net there are plenty of places on Lookout to catch finger mullet. Tidal pools down by the point or up on the North End there's pools and a creek on the back side.

Don't know about the new ferry service now but the Davis Shore Ferry folks used to sell fresh bait right at the ferry dock.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Getbornfree- which Monday are you planning on? I'm in Knightdale and get to the coast quite a bit. I could catch some mullet and maybe some shrimp too and bring them back on a Sunday evening- depending on when your planning to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forsyth Seafood at 108 Martin Luther King Jr Dr in Winston-Salem is open 10 to 6:30 Tues thru Sat. They have large mullet (I've never seen any finger mullet there) and usually have spots. Most of it is fairly fresh but not still kickin'.

I'll be at Emerald Isle (and probably Cape Lookout for a day or two) in October. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.