NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
continuing my quest to bump orphaned posts from before the outage. Oregon Inlet news anyone?

I don't think we've got sponsors out that way but the Oregon Inlet Fishing Center does post reports from some of their charter captains on their site. Most recent ones seem to be slanted toward offshore tunas & such.

Is the Oregon Inlet striper season over?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
OI hasnt done well the last couple of years. Fish just arent coming south. Rudee Inlet VA is as close as the "good" fishing seems to be from all I've heard/read.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Anyone have a Oregon Inlet Striper report from the last few weeks?
I'm not sure how the fishing has been this last week but if you give Capt. Ray a call I think he can let you know - he's one of our blog captains and a super helpful guy.

I think they have had some pretty good periods for catching stripers this winter out of OI, maybe not as good as some years but there was some VERY nice fish caught back in January out of OI - check out Ray's blog entry and you'll see what I mean - so not all of the good fishing has been out of Rudee this year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I worked in KDH from 02-07 & still go to the beach once a week for work.
I can tell you first hand that the stripers never made it down this far south, (ie Oregon Inlet area)...strays-yes, but not the migrating schools like in years past. Most of the schools are up around Corolla & north.
The large schools haven't made it down past Corolla in the last couple of years....
If you run out of Rudee Inlet though, you will probably locate em...

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
continuing my quest to bump orphaned posts from before the outage. Oregon Inlet news anyone?

I don't think we've got sponsors out that way...
Glad I bumped this post - I stand corrected. Sorry Cap't Ray!! (I think it would help me to remember better if I'd go fishing with each of the sponsors/blog captains at least once!)

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Hi Jeff, thats OK. I've made the offer to other moderators, just pay for the fuel & we'll go. I got fuel in Va. Beach before I left, $3.55 Gal. OUCH.
I think the prices of charters are going up...
What's cheaper - regular charter rates or $3.55/gal?:)

I don't know how charter rates can avoid going up when fuel prices are like this. Its getting ugly just to drive out to the coast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.