NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the itch to go camping this fall but do not care for camp grounds. I am looking to see if someone here has a track of land in Western NC mountains with a stream/river on it. Just want to do some camping and fishing for a week. I am clean and will keep the site clean and free of liter and debris. I can pay a rental fee but would like photos before I commit.

Please contact me if you or someone you know is able to set me up. I will as I stated take care of the property and can pay upon arrival or departure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
You might consider dispersed camping in either the Nantahala or Pisgah National forests. Basically you can camp wherever you can get to unless it is specifically banned in that spot. There are also dozens of primitive campgrounds in these forests that you very likely will be the only person camping. I went to Cades Cove CG two years ago and there was one camper at the front and then no one else. You could have stayed at a site 400 yards away. The benefit is, you have a picnic table, grill, vault toilet and in some cases a potable water source.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I had thought it was this way but wasn't sure. I will start seeking out places possible to camp.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go up to Todd, NC and camp at Elk Knob. I'd say a good 99% of people just go to hike the summit, but there's a "Back Country" trail that has primitive camping. There's also a stocked trout stream close by that runs along Meatcamp road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts