NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
any lake side game lands in nc will allow public fishing. many paths are beatin into the ground going into good fishing areas..

if the lake is down -highrock- just go to the boat launch and walk the banks fishing. getting on some ones dock that you do not know is NOT a very good idea..in fact they hate that...

zooker

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in the eastern portion of the piedmont. I know several nice places around Raleigh. Any of the larger lakes are good, but there are a few not so well known smaller lakes. I don't have a boat, so I usually stick to the smaller lakes. Some of the smaller lakes charge a small fee and some are free. If you're anywhere near Raleigh, let me know, and I'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
205 Posts
go to ncwrc.com and follow the map links. there is a ton of public fishing in your area. you don't really need a boat, and to tell you the truth, if you are shorebound, head for a dam. they make the best fish magnets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you might be near Greensboro. There are quite a few lakes near there. I suggest going to Google Maps and typing in your address. Then, move the map around to see if there are any lakes around that area. You can also pull up a satellite image as well.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If ncwrc.com doesn't work out too well for ya, try this URL instead -- http://www.wildlife.state.nc.us/main_index.htm. Select "Online Services", "View Fishing Publications Online", and "Public Fishing Areas and Community Fishing Program Sites in North Carolina".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.