NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new to this forum but am looking for a flat bottom boat. I will be moving to the Swansboro area in the White Oak River. I will use the boat to fish in shallow water but also not get me drenched if we have a little choppy water once out in the sound. I will have amenities on it to have as a boat to enjoy more than just fishing. I have seen Carolina Skiffs, Bayriders, Jones Brothers, etc but have also heard some great things about the Intruder. Has anyone got any info they might want to share when comparing these? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fished an Intruder a couple of weeks ago and it was great. The tunnel hull was awesome running in a foot of water. Bayriders are very popular down that way as well as well as Jones Brothers. Of course all of them are going to beat if it gets choppy just because they are flat bottom.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I own a 19 intruder and wouldn’t trade it for any other skiff on the market. There are days I’d like to have a bay boat while fishing the Neuse river, but I doubt I’ll ever sell my Intruder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fished an Intruder a couple of weeks ago and it was great. The tunnel hull was awesome running in a foot of water. Bayriders are very popular down that way as well as well as Jones Brothers. Of course all of them are going to beat if it gets choppy just because they are flat bottom.
Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
You might want to look at one of these, COASTAL SKIFF | Four Sons Marine, NC made. I have the 171, use it from Little River to Shallotte Inlet on the ICW as well as here at Lake Adger. Easy to trailer, real stable, roomy, self bailing (well sorta), draws about 8” with the motor kicked up, great fishing platform for two, will accommodate three.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I am new to this forum but am looking for a flat bottom boat. I will be moving to the Swansboro area in the White Oak River. I will use the boat to fish in shallow water but also not get me drenched if we have a little choppy water once out in the sound. I will have amenities on it to have as a boat to enjoy more than just fishing. I have seen Carolina Skiffs, Bayriders, Jones Brothers, etc but have also heard some great things about the Intruder. Has anyone got any info they might want to share when comparing these? Thanks in advance.
I have a 16ft Carolina Skiff. A modified V with shallow draft will serve you longer and better, especially with what you describe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts