NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So, I’m bringing the family down to NC from Pennsylvania for a week in August. Would love to find some bass fishing opportunities for my father-in-law and I. As of now, we’re leaning towards staying in a cabin in the Lake Lure area. Obviously, we may try that out, but my understanding is that it’s super deep without a lot of vegetation, so us PA boys will be a little out of our element there I’m afraid. Also, the boat rental rates seem super high for that lake for some reason.

So, are there any other good bass lakes within reasonable driving distance? Bonus points if boat rentals are available!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Looking forward to rippin’ some lip!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone! So, I’m bringing the family down to NC from Pennsylvania for a week in August. Would love to find some bass fishing opportunities for my father-in-law and I. As of now, we’re leaning towards staying in a cabin in the Lake Lure area. Obviously, we may try that out, but my understanding is that it’s super deep without a lot of vegetation, so us PA boys will be a little out of our element there I’m afraid. Also, the boat rental rates seem super high for that lake for some reason.

So, are there any other good bass lakes within reasonable driving distance? Bonus points if boat rentals are available!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Looking forward to rippin’ some lip!
I have a summer place in HVL and fish from a Hobie Outback kayak. Check out Lake Julian (Arden), Lake Adger (Mill Spring), Lakes Junaluska & Fontana and a bit farther away, Lake Santeetla (Robbinsville). (listed near to far - 40 min. to 2 hrs +). All of these lakes have places to fish from shore. I agree that Lake Lure is a bit pricy and also touristy. For that reason, I don't go there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You must try these bass fishing rivers in PA:
  • Allegheny River.
  • Presque Isle Bay (Lake Erie)
  • Youghiogheny River.
  • Schuylkill River.
  • Lake Arthur.
  • Raystown Lake.
  • Lake Henry.
  • Miller Pond.
I’ve fished many of those! However, Im looking for some fishing spots in NC for the week I’ll be there on vacation, specifically the Lake Lure area. But thanks for the response!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a summer place in HVL and fish from a Hobie Outback kayak. Check out Lake Julian (Arden), Lake Adger (Mill Spring), Lakes Junaluska & Fontana and a bit farther away, Lake Santeetla (Robbinsville). (listed near to far - 40 min. to 2 hrs +). All of these lakes have places to fish from shore. I agree that Lake Lure is a bit pricy and also touristy. For that reason, I don't go there.
Thanks Ray! I’ll check into some of those! I appreciate the reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts