NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of taking the wife out fishing for one of her first largemouth catches for her birthday. I'm not very familiar with the area, as I have only recently got back into fishing, and I'm curious where a good spot is to take her.

I've been to Big Lake at Umstead once a couple years ago, and caught two bass when I was learning to fish Senkos. Best bite I've gotten lately (mostly due to lack of where to go)

I'll probably bring some plastics along, and some crankbaits, thinking that's my best shot for her to catch something.

If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions, I'm very interested.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Umstead, Bond Park, Falls Lake

Reactions: Cam

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get some minnows and fish for crappies, any brush holds them, or fish deep as you can with a small jig + minnow and a cork. Falls Lake has buckets of crappies and catfish too, blue cats!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I think we've landed on doing Big Lake at Umstead. The goal will be to land her a bass on her own this time around, so I think I'll leave the minnows at home for this trip, but that is definitely some great info.

I've never heard of bond lake, so that's def a spot I look forward to in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts