NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I am usually quick to recommend alternatives as I don't buy into the hype surrounding a lot of products but in this case shop around, check pawn shops, facebook sales sites, and craigslist and find a GoPro. Even the earlier models set the standard for sports camcorders and all the parts and accessories out there are made to fit them. If you can buy new, go for it.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am usually quick to recommend alternatives as I don't buy into the hype surrounding a lot of products but in this case shop around, check pawn shops, facebook sales sites, and craigslist and find a GoPro. Even the earlier models set the standard for sports camcorders and all the parts and accessories out there are made to fit them. If you can buy new, go for it.
I agree GoPro is the way to go, you will be wasting your money if you buy another brand waterproof camera. (I have heard Apple is coming out with a comparable product next year poss.) I have a GoPro 4 Silver model, if you need specific info on that one or software let me know..

·
Registered
660 Posts
snowcamp, bought a Go-Pro type camera sometime back send him a PM to see how he likes it and get details. I use a cheap Kodak waterproof that works OK

Darrell
I bought a cheaper camera from an importer. Worked just fine and was very waterproof until the day it quit. Liked it better than a go pro because you could mark five minute segments that you wanted to save. The rest would be written over so you never had the dreaded memory full notice. Bought a different model from the same importer and it lacks that feature. Next one will probably be a go pro. The import spends most of its time on my dash recording dumb### drivers...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speaking of drones, how about an automatic one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg

What makes the GoPro popular is their size; they're wearable and compact. It all depends on what you plan on doing.

They have enclosures for DSLRs but(like most DSLR gear) they're ridiculously expensive. Though, there are some that are already weatherproof/waterproof(Pentax comes to mind).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Used with the SJ4000 SJCAM. Awesome value. Got the camera, a second set of accessories, 2 extra batteries for about $140. Made the mount for about $20. Have a 4' and 1' pole. Can post info about it if anyone wants to make one as well.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Lookin good!!!!

Reactions: hannaboat

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a gopro. If I had it to do over again I'd choose another camera. We went snorkeling last summer with a guide in cozumel. He had an Olympus I believe. The pictures and videos are 10x better than ours.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
these are what i use and i love them water proof houseing to 30 ft 1080 p full hd no fish eye look to them great video and awesome stills 3 hours on one charge and up to 6 hours of video on a 32 gig chip only down fall is remote does not turn the camera off only record and shut off or switch to stills

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vivitar-DVR-787HD-12.1MP-Action-Full-HD-Camcorder-with-Universal-Car-Kit-Surf-Kit-and-Outdoors-Kit-with-Memory-Card-Value-Bundle/31342300

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.