NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
i would love to go out but i just sold my yak last night and am waiting to buy my new one hopefully this weekend. but i live in New Bern and am always looking for other people to go out with me. its nice going alone but always better with 2 or more people just in case.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would have love to but I caught that norovirus that's been making its rounds. I'm hoping to be well by Saturday so I can get out there. Seems to be a cold front coming but I need to do some scouting for a spring fishing trip next weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
im trying to get my next Yak this weekend. Buying the Perception Sport Striker Angler Kayak. Its a major upgrade from what i used to go out in. and i just got done making my live bait bucket. soo hopefully y next weekend i am going to be able to get out on the water and test it all out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice hope you get a good deal on one. I've got to get my tank ready. I've got the tank itself just need to installl pump and plumb it. If the plan holds me an 4 other guys will be launching somewhere in the Swansboro/ Emerald Isle are next weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
nice. My live bait bucket is pretty simple. outer container to hold water while paddling. inner container with about 1000 holes in it for when i get there i can just drop it in the water and attach it to the yak and it will keep the bait lively. also have a bubbler attach for the paddling part.

·
Registered
460 Posts
nice. My live bait bucket is pretty simple. outer container to hold water while paddling. inner container with about 1000 holes in it for when i get there i can just drop it in the water and attach it to the yak and it will keep the bait lively. also have a bubbler attach for the paddling part.
Epik,
Call the Great Outdoor Provisions Company in Raleigh before you get your Striker this weekend. I bought mine from them on Monday for $445 with the seat. Dick's and other stores had them for $50-100 more without the seat. It was worth the drive from Goldsboro and it might be worth the drive from New Bern

919-833-1741 is their phone number. David is the guy who helped me. Really nice guy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh and here is my live bait bucket. the bubbler has a waterproof box i made not show in the picture. its currently in my buddies car i forgot it there lol. but it sits inside with a connection that i plug the hose into. it works out great. i used a similar built one on my old yak.

Audio equipment Home appliance Gadget Gas Machine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is a 5 gal bucket with a bubble box good enough to keep shrimp and mud minnows alive for a while? I know shrimp are kind of hard to keep alive. I have been using my bucket and aerator on my kayak for blue back herring in fresh water and keeps them good for hours. Have not used it for salt water baits yet. Just wondering if that's why y'all are using the flow troll type bucket?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.