NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE ARRIVED WITHOUT PROBLEMS, WE WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE STAYING AT THE HARKERS IS. FISHING CENTER, THIS LOOKED BAD........HEADED TO THE MIDDLE MARSHES AND FOUND WE WERE AGAIN THE ONLY ONES AROUND. BUT, THE REDS WERE THERE. ALL SMALL (14-18in). WE HOOKED A COUPLE REALLY BIG ONES AT THE MOUTH OF WHERE THE CREEK FROM BEHIND SHACKLEFORD, EMPTIES INTO THE INLET AT THE HOOK. WE COULD NOT STOP THEM. WE WERE USING SHALLOW CRANKS, ONE OUTGOING TIDE..THEN THE WIND (our old buddy) BEGAN TO BLOW.....WE CAME HOME A DAY EARLY, SAW NO TROUT...STILL TOO WARM......GOOD LUCK , WILL TRY AGAIN WHEN IT COOLS DOWN, FOR TROUT...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
snookhook1---I'm 20 miles north of Cape Lookout. I can identify with our ( old buddy ) the wind. It has been constant and strong here since the storm passed thru, blowing from NE and East. Drum like the rough surf but I don't like drum well enough to fight it. I have a feeling fishing is going to be great whenever the winds do settle down.

Anyway, my preacher is coming down next week to fish with me for a few days, I'm hoping he has better connections on asking for some wind changes. lol ;)

Regards, Forrest

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.