NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard about this site and thought I would check it out.

I needed another fish'n site to "waste;) " my time on.

So I guess you would call me a newbie here. Looks like there are several others here that fish the Topsail Island area. Am looking forward to sharing a little info and hopefully making some new friends.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey jbyrd, welcome to NCAngler.

As you can probably tell by my screen name, I live and fish in the Topsail area. I have a 19' CC and fish inshore as well as near shore and out to about 25 miles offshore on a good weather day. I do a lot of flounder/trout/drum fishing and enjoy some King & Mahi fishing in the summer and fall. I try to get out grouper fishing in the fall when they are in closer and some Black Bass and other bottom dwellers in the winter.

How 'bout you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Topsail Angler,

I could almost repeat word for word your post about myself.

I've got a little get away in Bay Harbor just off Sloop Point rd. where I spend most of my weekends.

Got a 19' Southern Skimmer that I used for all my fishing up until 2 years ago when I got lucky and found an 86' Mako 21B that I added to my "fleet" for my offshore excursions.

Look forward to meeting you sometime and maybe doing a little fishing

Johnny Byrd

·
Registered
84 Posts
jbyrd, welcome to the site. You'll find that you don't have all the bickering and game playing over here not to mention being innundated with non-fishing crapola. I'm glad I found it.

Didn't know you had a Mako either. I've got an '81 21' Mako. What a ride.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard JBYRD! I think you will like "wastin' time " here. Just don't be wasting too much good fishing time. We are more about helping each other than arguing about what should have been or who is not capable of walking on water. I've read some post that would be considered fighting words on more than one NC fishing site. NO call for that ANYWHERE. NO need to fight about who makes the best rod or reel or any of that kinda of thing. It takes plenty of time just to keep up with what the fish are doing and what is working to catch them .

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
That's right sinker! We're all in the BOAT together!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you fellow fishermen:D

Looking forward to getting to know some of you better.

Nothing on earth more satisfying than fishin, no doubt

You're absolutely right sundrop, we ARE all in the same boat together and we are the only ones that can keep it afloat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.