NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coastal Hazard Messagenational Weather Service Newport/morehead City Nc459 Pm Edt Thu Nov 1 2007...remnants Of Tropical Storm Noel To Produce Strong Winds Andcoastal Flooding Late Tonight Through Saturday Morning....tropical Storm Noel Will Move Northeast Out Of The Bahamastonight...then Accelerate Well Off North Carolina Friday Andfriday Night. As The Storm Interacts With A Cold Front Movingoff The Coast Late Tonight And Friday...it Will Produce Strongnortherly Winds To 40 Knots With Higher Gusts. These Strong Windswill Produce Sound Side Flooding Along The Southern Portion Ofpamlico Sound And Along The Southern Portions Of The Neuse Andpamlico Rivers. Breakers Of 10 To 12 Feet Off The Outer Banksbeaches From Cape Hatteras North Will Produce Beach Erosion Andover Wash At Times Of High Tide. From Cape Hatteras To Cape Lookoutbreakers Of 8 To 10 Feet Will Produce High Surf And Beacherosion At Times Of High Tide.ncz080-093-094-020500-/o.ext.kmhx.cf.w.0003.071102t0400z-071103t1600z/beaufort-craven-pamlico-459 Pm Edt Thu Nov 1 2007...coastal Flood Warning Now In Effect From Midnight Tonight To12 Pm Edt Saturday...the Coastal Flood Warning Is Now In Effect From Midnight Tonightto 12 Pm Edt Saturday.tropical Storm Noel Will Move Northeast Out Of The Bahamas Latetonight...then Accelerate Well Off The North Carolina Coast Fridayand Friday Night. As The Storm Interacts With A Cold Frontmoving Off The Coast Late Tonight And Friday And High Pressurebuilding In From The North...it Will Produce Strong Northerlywinds To 40 Knots With Higher Gusts. These Strong Winds Willproduce Sound Side Flooding Along The Southern Portion Of Pamlicosound And Along The Southern Portions Of The Neuse And Pamlicorivers.sound Side Flooding Along The Southern Pamlico Sound Will Be Mostsignificant Across Southern Craven County Where Water Levels Of 4to 6 Feet Above Normal Are Possible. Flooding Is Expected Alongclub Foot Creek...back Creek And Adams Creek.water Levels Of 3 To 5 Feet Above Normal Will Be Possible Overeastern Portions Of Pamlico County.flooding Along The Pamlico River In Beaufort County Will Bedependant Upon The Wind Direction. If The Winds Stay Primarilyout Of The North As Forecast...flooding With Water Levels Of 3 To4 Feet Above Normal Will Occur Near Wichards Beach. If The Windswere To Become Northeast...then Flooding...with Water Levelsaround 4 Feet Above Normal...would Occur Further West Towardwashington. Similar Conditions Would Also Occur Along The Neuseriver Near New Bern If The Winds Were To Become Northeast.at The Storm Moves Away From The Area Saturday...winds Will Slowlysubside Diminishing The Threat For Coastal And Sound Side Flooding.a Coastal Flood Warning Means That Flooding Is Occurring Orimminent. Coastal Residents In The Warned Area Should Be Alertfor Rising Water...and Take Appropriate Action To Protect Lifeand Property.$$

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Good, I like huntin in weather like that,, deer will move.
Hopefully be able to sneak out for the 2nd time this season as I have the weekend off and NO honey do list!!! ;)

Winds have picked up pretty good tonight...

Come on over Drop and let's see if we can go "drop" some food Saturday morning! :D Gotta start building up some lean ground for a bbq!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishn, looks like you'll miss the worst of it but Sunday will be best..

GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING

[SIZE=+1] TODAY[/SIZE]
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 KT. SEAS AROUND
10 FT. NEAR SHORE...SEAS AROUND 6 FT...SUBSIDING TO 5 FT THIS
AFTERNOON. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

[SIZE=+1] TONIGHT[/SIZE]
N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. GUSTS UP TO 45 KT IN THE EVENING.
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT...SUBSIDING TO 6 TO 9 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. NEAR
SHORE...SEAS 4 TO 7 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 6 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
ISOLATED SHOWERS.

[SIZE=+1] SAT[/SIZE]
NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT...DIMINISHING TO
10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 5 TO
8 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 7 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. NEAR SHORE...SEAS
3 TO 5 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 4 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. ISOLATED
SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.

[SIZE=+1] SAT NIGHT[/SIZE]
NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...DIMINISHING TO AROUND 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT.

[SIZE=+1] SUN[/SIZE]
NW WINDS AROUND 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

[SIZE=+1] SUN NIGHT[/SIZE]
N WINDS AROUND 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Drop. I saw where the seas inshore were supposed to be 3-5 subsiding to 3-4 in the afternoon. I might just have to give it a try around mid-morning. Sunday does look pretty good but don't have time after church since the wife doesn't like to get home late. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for us.

By the way, I had to come down to "Little" Washington yesterday to do some work. I was out off of Old Washington Rd.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shucks!, I could have bought ya lunch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.