NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping after the action last Saturday it might have been a trend starting however Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday this week produced not a bite and managed a dink on Monday to save the skunk. This January has been more productive than last year but now that I am fully retire I have been out more as well. Plus last year we we had three snow storms and ice on the lake for about a week. If will be out fighting the blustery wind today hoping to nail a couple instead of crappie fishing as I originally planned since that's almost impossible in 25 mph winds

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good luck today. I haven't been this week, but I did see where the water temps in falls have gone down 3-4 degrees since last weekend. I'm probably going to try Harris tomorrow with a buddy of mine. I'm thinking it's going to be pretty tough given my lack of knowledge of that lake. May try a little vertical jigging for them. I'd try the jerkbaits again in that shallower cove, and there's a little bit of rip rap around the boats that probably will hold a fish or two.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where is the dislike button? I didn't want to hear they are on vacation again.

What lure saved the skunk? I hope they are back this weekend, I want to try some new lures.
the old senko saved me. sometimes its a spinner sometimes a senko right now. They seem to be avoiding the cranks like the plague.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I plan on going to visit my grandparents and do some fishing tomorrow and maybe Sunday too. We shall see how it goes. Looks like storms rolling in on Sunday night. I've always done pretty well before storms at this location so we shall see.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on going to visit my grandparents and do some fishing tomorrow and maybe Sunday too. We shall see how it goes. Looks like storms rolling in on Sunday night. I've always done pretty well before storms at this location so we shall see.
any luck right now the LMB are still vacationing in florida or someplace. I went out sunday morning to durant not a bite, tried monday for an hour in that blustery wind. Hoping today works out better if I am able to get out

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I caught one on Sunday in Goldsboro. Water was pretty chilly.
Bite is definitely off. Full moon can't even get them going right now hopefully some warmer weather will get here in time for when I get back from vacation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.