NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a guy's wife bought him a new kayak and he lost it. She posted an ad on Craig's list. If you see a tan Ascend FS12T SOT kayak, check out this Craig's list post: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/4978442827.html

Lost in southern Wake Co: Chisenhall Rd/Piney Grove Rd/Massengil Pond Rd/Benson Hardee/Elevation Rd area around 9:30-10:00 PM last Wednesday 4/8/15

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I feel bad for them.. sucks you save for a yak and then get it stolen the first time you use it...
I wouldn't consider it coming unstrapped and falling off of the trailer getting stolen. I'm driving down the hwy and see a kayak chilling on the side of the road I'm going to load it up and take it home with me. I will at that time make an attempt at finding the owner.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Real men don't lose boats.
Classic.

Unless it happens to you, in which case its a classic D'OH! moment. In the category of leaving the plug out, Forward onto the concrete when I should have gone Reverse into the lake (or vice versa, depending on whether you're navigating the boat or the tow vehicle), silicone on trailer bunks, one foot on the dock and one on the drifting boat, or boat came untied at the ramp and floated out of reach... I've got at least one of those checked. Hopefully no more than a hard lesson learned, the way life likes to teach them, and something to laugh about (once the humor returns).

This was pretty good too, but destined not to survive:

Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

(I thought the picture of it was worth keeping around somewhere...)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Mack have you paddled a nice yak? Second question do you ever paddle your canoes or you have motors?
First, yes

Second, Got 5 canoes, 3 are paddle only, 1 is paddle mostly rarely motor, and 1 is mostly motor.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Things happen when you're in a hurry to fish.. I have been known to drive three miles down the road to the creek with my arm out the window holding the canoe down to my truck roof because the bow strap came loose and I didn't want to stop.... also... this happened more then once..

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.