NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of flounder today, but nothing exceptional. The biggest was only about 19-20 inches. Lots of Preacher uh.., fish and blues, and a couple of Japanese Flounder that were pushing sixty or seventy lbs. Almost as wide as my boat. I did hook a fish that almost spooled me twice. Luckily he turned and ran back towards the boat both times. I thought it was a big shark at first but then he came to the surface 20 or 30 yards from the boat, and sat there a few seconds like he was looking at me. He then took of again. Didn't get a positive I.D., but he looked more like a cobia than a shark. He looked to be in the forty pound range. A little to much for my flounder rod to handle. My rod broke just above the reel seat during one of his runs. It was a Mitchell Copperhead rod, that has given me six or seven years of great service. I was fishing in the inlet, so it could have been a shark or cobia, but it did look more like a cobia.The Tackle Monkey is on my back as we speak. I have been needing a good excuse to go and buy me another All Star rod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.