NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw lots of schools of shad fry around the marina and largemouth bass seemed to be feeding on them.

I need to go back with my rod and appropriate lures.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They looked maybe a inch- inch and a half at most in length when they jumped out of the water??

The lake has both gizzard and threadfin shad.

·
Registered
657 Posts
There's a small lake to the right of the Bald Mountain Golf Course that I think is called Bald Mountain Lake. Father-in law had a time-share there, I used to fish it in a kayak years ago. Son and I fished it in a canoe a couple of times too. Had plenty of bream and LMB in it and absolutely no other boat traffic any time I was there. Anybody besides me ever fished it?

There was another large pond below the Lake Lure Golf Course that had a Girl Scout Camp on it that I always meant to fish but never did. Anyone ever fished it?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi SnowCamp.

I've fished both of those small lakes by bank and canoe, and caught the same fish in there.

I did pick up one Smallmouth in Bald Mountain Lake, fishing in the Fall.

Fishscalz

·
Registered
657 Posts
I didn't have one. The boat dock/put-in is at the south end of the lake inside the resort community. There may have been a sign restricting access to owners and guests; I really can't remember... There are roads iinto the area that don't go through the Resort gate. Buffalo Creek Rd is open for the locals from the north or south. I'd drive up Buffalo Creek Rd past the church to the Bald Mountain Lake Dam and see if there were any signs posted...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Those jackall's are nice lookin baits might hav to invest. When the fish really key on the small size like that I've always had great luck using a clear spining bubble with about 2-3 feet of flouro line and a really small spoon tied on. Jerk and let it sink. Jerk and let it sink. That has worked when I have seen everyting but the kitchen sink thrown at the same school with no bites. If you can score some CLEAR zara spooks to use in place of the bubble that's even better. Frontrunners were the rage a few years ago but I never tried em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts