NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
prefished icw and bouge sound creeks for three hard days and tournament yesterday and although at times it was bleek. once you found them they were big and plenty!! when this weather stabelizes the bite should be amazing! lots of nice flounder in the creeks also.

westslope

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree about the weather if we get lucky again this winter i cant begin to think of next year. We'll give the boys in fla. something to talk about! I too am only keeping 1 or 2 average fish on ocasion although I love to eat them I guess I like catching even more.If a few more people hop on the fishing can only get better,right?!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I also agree-- So far this fall it has been above average for numbers caught and size up my way. I'm only keeping what I can eat or when I am getting back up state to my residence in time for the fish to be fresh. My family and neighbors seem to like free fresh fish, especially when it's already cleaned. My opinion is that trout are not good after freezing them. I'm heading back to coast this week and hope that I can catch one. If winter turns out to be mild, spring will produce some of the greatest trout fishing around our way in quite a while and I might catch another one then.:D

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Looks looks like a good year for flounder also. Forgive me, a better year compared to the past few. With a little luck they may make a quick comeback. I'm still wondering what to attribute the improved numbers of black drum to. They are pretty cold hardy but a quick drop can kill them just as dead as a trout or any other fish. I've seen some pretty large ones killed by a sudden temp. drop. A sad sight, but nature has brutal side also.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yesterday, we couldn't locate the trout at usual locations between sound and inlets--Had to hit the backwaters. Most of catch was small, Guess who caught the biggest and mostest.:D Used Fin-S Fish 4'' on jig head.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Nice trout Forrest!

I took the good wife out today for a boat ride, no use fishing here - there was 9 kazillion boats trying to catch trout. :( Any well mannered speck would be quiet and not seen with that kind of attention (and boat trafic). Seriously, I saw more boats today than on a typical Saturday in the summer.

Who let the cat out fo the bag on the specks?:eek::rolleyes:

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Summer day in NOV you can bet if it floats it was on the water this weekend.... Both ramps around here were busy..I didn't even bother... I saw alot of folks just going for a ride to winterize the fuel system... only thing worse than too many fisherpersons is to many joy riders!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
No catching going on down here today-- More boat traffic on what would normally be a remote area than cars on highway 70. No self respecting trout would show up in these conditions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.