NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Sundays horrible showing of myself. As in skunked. I had to get the skunk off. And it was to nice an evening to pass up. I know that humidity is coming back.

The winds were light and the lake was almost void of people. I used the breeze to float over a spot. Then paddled back and did it again and again. The perch were there and hitting. I have no idea how many I caught. Maybe I should get a counter. hahahahaha. I brought home a dozen. It was a nice stringer of fish. Here's the bigger ones.

Mikeski

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
What lure did you use?? awesome job. Off tomorrow so I may hit up Jordan in the River arm . Your post make me want to go.
Tks Mack

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are two ramps where I put my kayak in. Both also have specific canoe/kayak launches. If you wnt to drag your canoe to them. I like to drop mine at the ramp.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice stringer of fish. What was your choice of bait artificial or minnows if you don't mind sharing.
Thanks....

Sure, a 3/8 jig head with different plastic grubs. I am having some good luck with Bobby Garland. I like the strait tail ones. The longer tails with paddles and such get bit off from short strikes. I also like Slider.

One thing I noticed about the red topped BG's. Or maybe it's just me. But, I think the red fades after it's been in the water for a while. Or the red is dulled when they get bit.

Just cruise the 12' range. I am finding them in 10 - 15'. Quick drops, elbows. You just have to find the right parts of the lake. Electronics helps.

mikeski

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.