NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bobby mason and i made another run to tha quarter this morning and was met with a stiff sw wind that stayed that way all day . Could only fish on protected banks which are few down there . We caught 10 flounder , a nice keeper trout and several nice size croker . The two flounder in the pics were both caught on h20 mojo shrimp in the chicken on a chain color . Can you guess whats for dinner tonight ?

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man you're a fish catching machine! I'm planning to go down east somewhere Saturday and hopefully putting some meat in the cooler.
I gotta a ask one question, are y'all fishing the banks or are you fishing the drop off?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
the blue hat strikes again! Way to get 'em Uncle C!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It seems like we have had a stiff south wind down their most days this summer, at least when I am checking the weather on a day I can get free. This has been a strange summer.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems like we have had a stiff south wind down their most days this summer, at least when I am checking the weather on a day I can get free. This has been a strange summer.
for sure , maybe august will have some of those calm to 5mph winds . hope to see you on tha water soon .

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Curtis do you think flounder fishing is better in the open river or sound versus the creeks due to the netting factor? You say you are fishing grassy banks but do you ever fish the edge of shoals?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Curtis do you think flounder fishing is better in the open river or sound versus the creeks due to the netting factor? You say you are fishing grassy banks but do you ever fish the edge of shoals?
my first cast last saturday was in a net , didn't see it , so i just took up and moved down the river a ways and caught a few fish . and like i said , i'm a very close to the bank fisherman . i love the banks and boat docks if they are there . my fish are caught in 2 to 5 foot of water!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
As the saying goes "90% of the fish are in 10% of the water" thats one of those sayings that will help you alot on the water every single day. If people are catching on or near the bank...then fish there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts