NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out and did some exploring with my youngin'
We like to go look for lures, do some pre-season scouting, and general "get out of the house" type stuff.. so we went up to Jordan lake to check out the water level and maybe even toss in a line.

Here's some pix to share of what the lake level looks like up there right now.
Some coves are definately exposed.. And judging from some boot/foot prints.. I guess some folks already beat us to the good "pickin's".. we did manage to find a good bobber though...

and here's a short vid clip:
http://www.ncangler.com/photopost/data/500/100_0745.MOV

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a few more: Note - all that nice green grass would normally be under water a couple feet!

here's a dry creek channel:

No sign of wildlife here.... ;)

Tryin to teach my son not to poke his hands/head up into holes and stuff... never know with snakes... so from the bottom of this stump, we took a pic looking up into this tree.. kind of a crazy pic:

Dam area:

Pick by the water level stick:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Great pics, but man that water level is looking SAD!! Plenty of deer tracks... and one ostrich..LOL!!! j/k

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Ha! yup, that elusive Jordan lake ostrich... scary creature he is! ;)
Whew - good to know its only an ostrich. I was afraid that a pterodactyl might have taken up residence. Kayakers can never be too careful around large airborne predators - we're sitting ducks out there on top of our "bobbers"! (maybe "platters" is a better description in this case).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Whew - good to know its only an ostrich. I was afraid that a pterodactyl might have taken up residence. Kayakers can never be too careful around large airborne predators - we're sitting ducks out there on top of our "bobbers"! (maybe "platters" is a better description in this case).
laugh Jeff .. I'm not sure I'm ready to add creadence .. but a party I was with below Buckhorn SWEARS they saw an alligator ...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the aligator they (Animal Control) caught behind my house in Sanford wrangled it into a horse trailer and took it to the Cape Fear river and let it go (somewhere south of Fayetteville)....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.