NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to spend some nice days on the water the last few days. Much more fishing than catching, but sometimes it works out that way.

Met Capt Shane down at Swansboro to try and pick up a December drum. No luck but we had a good time (Shane brought his son Hunter along). Water was cloudy so we could not sight cast to them. That was on the 27th.

On the 28th, my wife joined me on the water and we went up to the New Burn area to try our luck at stripers. Marked lots of bait, but again no luck. But no complaints - great company and great times.

On the 29th it was just me and the dog. We fished the creeks off the lower Neuse and picked up some trout. Here is a picture of the nicest one...

What a way to end the year......

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thats a nice fish so i guess it all worked out, We fished the tressel in new bern today for stripers and I had the same luck, Marked lost of bait fish but didn't hook into anything but like you said, fishing and good company equals a good time either way, Great trout though!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Looks like a nice way to spend the holidays!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We fished the tressel in new bern today for stripers and I had the same luck, Marked lost of bait fish but didn't hook into anything but like you said, ....
Here is a shot of the bait I marked up at New Bern...

and birds that were working them

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.