NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trout fishing in the lower Neuse just doesn’t get any better then it has been. In the last two weeks we have caught well over 30 gator trout over 20 inches with the largest measuring 27. The hot baits have been chartreuse 1/8th jig heads and gulp 3”shrimp in Glow, New Penny and Nuclear chicken. The fish seem to be in every creek from lower to upper broad creek. Attached are a few pics from the last few weeks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Man I wish I could get down there. Nice looking flounder you're holding Mark! ;) I'm publicly putting you on the hook now for an article about flounder fishing in NC, because you are the "Duke O Fluke". :cool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
pulled two Reds and a good trout off the mouth of the slocum Friday night right before dark. Talked to another guy that found a solid school of Stripers down Slocum near one of the Ramps on the base.. Said he pulled about 30 in the last hour or so before dark.
I was throwing a yozurri shallow diver black back and he was using spooks and something else, don't recall what.
Saw one trout caught from the bank on Shrimp that may have gone 3-4 lbs easily.

rye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.