NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help guys girls, with this unit can any one show or tell what the fish look like, i know it does not show arches, i see dots and such,did a upgrade but man would like to know if fish are there, now structure is awsome... does any one else have this unit,,,,,,,,thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
That's a DSI or DownScan Imaging. I love it. I have the Raymarine Dragonfly with DSI.

Yes, it shows the different branches on submerged trees and you can see the fish as bright dots amongst the branches. I can see dots on the bottom too.

Schools look like clouds. The bigger the fish the bigger and brighter the dot from what I can tell. Sometimes, because of their density, the FF tells me the bottom is the top of the school.

I don't use the old style even though that's available.

mikeski

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Also remember that fish will not always appear as a perfect arch, they will look different depending on boat speed. This picture was taken while I was vertical jigging a blade bait. The zig zag line between 20 and 30 ft is my lure, the yellow and red line underneath it is a crappie. Around the middle of the screen, the fish hit my lure and I reeled him up.
Purple Wood Architecture Rectangle Font

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
What finder are you using?

Also remember that fish will not always appear as a perfect arch, they will look different depending on boat speed. This picture was taken while I was vertical jigging a blade bait. The zig zag line between 20 and 30 ft is my lure, the yellow and red line underneath it is a crappie. Around the middle of the screen, the fish hit my lure and I reeled him up.
View attachment 68692

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, yeah looking at trees etc its amazing the details, and seeing your line and bait and solo i will try zooming in next time. neilslure hadnt seen that yet guess schools of stripers will look similar...thanks again hey spidercrack lets go to buggs striper fishing and anyone else who wants to go lets get together....................

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
What finder are you using?
That first picture I borrowed from the BBC boards, that was probably an HDS 8 or 10 as it has 4 panels on split screen. The second picture was my Lowrance HDS7. All are about the same as far as sonar, down scan and such go, just different screen sizes and the HDS units have more capabilities to do other things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.