NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us have a Lowrance depth finder with one of their long skinny TripleShot transducers? If so have you incurred any problems with the transducer? During a routine maintenance check on my boat I have recently found mine to have been broken, casing split down the side and little pieces of plastic missing. In doing research, mostly through customer reviews, I find this to be a frequent occurrence. So much so there is an after market splint specifically for this transducer. Now I can’t say for sure I didn’t hit something but on the other hand I do not remember any incident that would cause this. I pull my boat out of the water for these checks and cleaning fairly often so this rupture has to be a recent occurrence. If you have had this to happen what did you do? If you have one and have not had problems check for it as at first it caused no display problems. At first I wrapped mine with electrical tape and it worked fine but now has started to give a poor display.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man I've had the same issue. I've JB welded it several times and even made a quick release mount for it, for when I move in and out of shallow water but it still manages to get broke. Priced a new one the other day for $145 but thinking about spending a little more to get a whole new unit. I haven't tried it, but I read in another post someone used fiberglass cloth and resin to repair one. To be honest I'm bout sick of messing with it. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haven't had any issues with the transducer, but my kayak has the protective guard. On the other hand the Lowrance Hook2 just goes crazy sometimes in shallow water and I have to pull the power cord to restart it. My boat has a Garmin and never has that issue even in less than 2' of water.

Since getting the boat I haven't used the Hobie. Should probably sell it if anyone is interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts