NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morn to the river right at my dad's house went for panfish. Didn't think much would be going on with the water and air temps dropping so much.
Came armed with crickets worms and beetle spins, started out with a newly discovered favorite concoction beetle spin that a park ranger showed me,
and man it may not get quantity but it sure as the devil gets the quality!!! First cast lands right in front of a downed oak and 2 cranks and it stops.

I just knew I had got it hung up and all of a sudden the reel screams for mercy and I let out a yeehaw and hang on!!! After a quick.fight I finally see it and go crazy a 2 1/2 lb redbreast!! Took his.pic and off he went to see another day then I got a massive blue gill took his pic then back in the water he went fished from 11am until 4pm and ended the trip with a total of 14 bream and 4 redbreast had a good day!!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it was a red breast I can't believe the record is that small the wagram park ranger caught one over 3! I seen it with my own eyes was as big as a platter! Mine was short and super stubby I know a good 3in across the back it.might have not.have been quite 2 1/2 but I know it was at least 2 give or take a lil

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys.... Someone please pm, looking for some info on river. Have 12ft fiberglass boat and trollng motor right now (outboard on the fritz.... But I'm still getting out on the water but getting skunked. Would love to have someone who knows the river go out with me or let me go out with them!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.