NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be in the Holly Springs area today anybody got a good lunch destination that's not barbecue?

And this is the open invite anybody that wants to go eat lunch?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Bass lake draft house is a pretty nice pub style restaurant and home grown pizza is pretty darn good if that's what your are into. Those are the two that stand out for me in holly springs. Used to date a rich girl from there and her dad took me out all the time. Their taste was more classy and refined then mine and they liked bass lake. I'd just as soon eat a squirrel. Also bass lake is stocked with catfish, not bass if you decide to wet a line.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I am even worse about good taste - my favorite place to eat in Holly Springs is Sonic. There aren't a lot of places in HS with that much character; mostly chains. That's not a knock on HS; it just was just a very small town before suburban creep got there. If you want more small town old diner stuff, take 55 back into Apex and turn right on Salem. That's the old Main Street and it has a couple of of good old fashioned restaurants.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I used to like Fat Philly's when they had a Cary location several years ago. I'm a sucker for home-made potato chips. I've seen the location in HS when I've driven by the shopping center, but there's a strong negative trend to their reviews since the last time I ate there. Don't think I'd try it without a recent, first-person recommendation. Anybody been there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.