NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a lot of replies in different forums about where to buy fishing tackle and lures. I always used Wal-mart, K-mart, Bass Pro Shop catalogs, and such. However, I recently started using Ebay. I have won some excellent gear and lures on there for ridiculously low prices.

A couple of examples from just recently include a box of 50 brand new lures (top water plugs and in-line lures) all still in the packages $29.99. With the shipping it came out to less than $.80 a lure. You can't get that at any of the other places even with the red tag sales. I also won 18 packs of Eagle Claw and True Turn Blood Red hooks for $5.50 (less than $.31 cents a pack) and they are normally $2 to $3 dollars a pack at the stores.

If you guys need to stock up on tackle, lures, rods, reels, boat accessories or any of that I suggest you give Ebay a try. They have individual items, or you can search under fishing and look on the left and they have bulk lots you can browse through. I always read the descriptions very well to see if the items are new or used.

I have bought a lot of things off of ebay and never had a problem. If you are on here then you obviously have a computer, so look into it if you are interested.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I'm with you, catfishdave. I've bought some nice reels and other items on ebay. But you do have to watch cause I've seen some items go for MORE than you would pay elsewhere - some guys just get caught up in the bidding process I guess. But overall - great place to shop. be sure to check out the details behind a sellers rating too to make sure you are buying from a reputable seller.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I have praised Ebay many times on this board!..LOL! I have the beginnings of my own little tackle shop out back..LOL!! I have also built many a fast-car, motorcycles and 2 boats with the help of carefully searching Ebay... But it can get you too if your not careful!
I'm waiting on a nice group of Mirrolures now at a total cost of $2.12 each including shipping.... I have lots of egg sinkers, bobbers of various types, crappie jigs also braided lines and all sorts of terminal tackle, spoons, crankbaits, hooks etc!! I sometimes buy "Lots" of stuff, thin out what I want then re-sell stuff on Ebay...

Reactions: Topsail Angler

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I agree. You can (and I see people on there all the time doing this) pay more than you would at the store. I usually figure what I could bid- including shipping costs- and then figure if I can get it for around 75% or less than what it would cost me otherwise, then I am doing pretty good. That is how I usually set my max bids. I get outbid quite a bit.

And I always check out the rep on the seller and how long they have been selling on Ebay. Like I said though, I have been doing it since around August 2006 and haven't been disappointed yet.

Just went and got my minnows and worms for tomorrow. The Cape Fear is way to high right now. The dock at Riverside Marina is underwater.

Taking the wife to Sutton Lake tomorrow for our anniversary! Can't belive she agreed to that, but she is making sandwiches and all.

Let you know how the fishing was down there when I get back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.