NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you've joined us! :cool: I'm sure some of the freshwater guys can help you out here. I've fished mostly saltwater for the last 20 years so I'm probably not much help. I always kept a couple of Mepps spinners in the tackle box though as they used to catch just about anything. :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Take a look around this site. There is already A LOT of information here. Check the gear and tackle section, and look through the fresh water fishing reports, you'll get your answers in there. Use the search function, but you may want to be specific or you'll end up with a million results to sort through. The specific conditions of the lake your fishing will make a big difference in the gear you use, water clarity, type and amount of cover, depth, etc. In all honesty, there are times when bass will just about eat anything, and other times they just have lock jaw. Best of luck and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll answer you since those guys didn't.

I think the staples in a bass fishermans tackle box are as follows:

1. Spinerbait (White in color)
2. Crankbait (Shad and Bream colors)
3. Soft plastic worms (More specifically a stick style 5 inch worm, green pumpkin)

Those are 3 to get you started. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If fishing from the banks trick worms with a standup jig Texas rigid. As a beginner IMHO you should always learn the bottom of the lake first. Cast short distance first and slowly work your way out further. Once you learn a strip of shoreline then try fishing parallel to the bank working your way out to perpendicular to bank with topwater lures and shallow diving cranks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.