NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West central Illinois is big catfish country, with a few stripers and musky nearby, but nothing is better than the east coast surf, and nothing there has been better to me than the Carolina coast. All I can do most years is dream of coming out, but every so often the tackle monkey jumps me and makes me stock up a bit more for the trip. Keep those fishing reports and lure tips coming.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
West central Illinois is big catfish country, with a few stripers and musky nearby, but nothing is better than the east coast surf, and nothing there has been better to me than the Carolina coast. All I can do most years is dream of coming out, but every so often the tackle monkey jumps me and makes me stock up a bit more for the trip. Keep those fishing reports and lure tips coming.
I will dedicate my first catch this morning in your honor.:D Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
West-central Illinois, huh?
My mom grew up in the Galesburg area, my uncle runs a B'n'B in a town called Dahinda, just west of Galesburg. My dad grew up in the central part of the state, in Sullivan, between Decatur and Matoon.

Both of my folks, all of my dad's siblings, my oldest cousin, and my next brother down are all Illini grads.

Welcome aboard!
Lefty

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greetings. Sullivan is near Lake Shelbyville, a hot place for smallish (but growing) musky [minimum 48 inches]. That's about 100 miles east of me but the closest tailwater fishing for musky. A musky is sort of a king on prozac but still fun. Been through Dahinda, but always on the run.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Greetings. Sullivan is near Lake Shelbyville
Indeed it is. I've never fished it, but I've heard good things. My grandfather's house is right across the street from Wyman Park.
Been through Dahinda, but always on the run.
If ya need a quiet weekend away with your wife, look up The Barn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.