NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to MacArthur Lake today with my fly rods and Yak. Didn't get out there till after 1130. And of course it started raining as soon as I pulled into the area. So I waited it out and ate my lunch. It didn't last to long and I was on the water. I was throwing a silver and grey clouser on a #4 salt water hook. I had several hits and then hooked up with this nice sized blue gill. He was fun. Not long after that got run off the lake by a thunder storm. But I did get a couple of hours in and had a good time.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Let me know the next time you are headed over to this side of bragg Ed. I'll try to catch up with you there.

Reactions: Deepblu505

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Looks like you found some good fishing. The fish that you have there is a Flier. I caught some for the first time in pond that I used to fish just outside of Lillington. I thought that it was some kind of weird Crappie mutation because of the large Dorsal and Anal fins. They are a heck of a lot of fun to catch and a one of the strongest fighting sunfish that I have ever caught.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom i was wondering what it was, most of the time I just lump them all under the title of Bream.... will do Coach

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I love fliers. Caught a couple of them in Texas pond and in Rhodes Pond. Got to love the way they fight.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see them being caught with minnows , like i said this one hit a clouser on a number 4 hook. it was about the size aof a crappie minnow.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Thanks Tom i was wondering what it was, most of the time I just lump them all under the title of Bream.... will do Coach

Your Welcome Eddie- Since I am immersed in Fish Identification these days, thought that I would share. It can certainbly be difficult to tell one Sunfish from another and to make it more difficult some species can hybridize.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.