NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Sinker man is referring to the 1st Annual Triumph Owners Mackfest tournament held last weekend at Portside Marina in Morehead City, NC. We had about 15 boats entered I believe and there were a few King Mackerel boated (all under 20 lbs.). We also had several nice Spanish caught. Our boat caught a 4.2 lb. Spanish while slow trolling pogies in the hook near the lighthouse. We were under the impression from the weather forecasts that Saturday was going to be a rough day on the water but it turned out beautiful. We didn't catch many fish but had a great time. I've attached a photo of the NCangler fishing team. Thanks to David, Collins and my son Josh for fishing with me. We didn't get a picture of the fish till they were already on ice, but you get the idea. :) Nice to see all those Triumphs on the water! Special thanks to Denard Harris for hosting the event.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy, that was a real nice spanish . I think the water temp. kind of makes it tough to find a big king this time of year. By the middle of July the water is to warm for any serious king fishing near the beach. Usually a few small ones can be had further off but it can be a long ride in bumpy water. AL

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
NCangler (Randy Durham) ,You and the others that put together this event got some great coverage including pics in this months issue of NCboatinglifestyle . WAY TO GO !
For all the attention you are stirring up for Triumph--they should keep you furnished with their top of the line annually at NO CHARGE to you. HINT! HINT!:)

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hey Fojoloy! Thanks for the note, I didn't know about this. I'll try to find a copy and check it out. I like your idea for Triumph! I wish! :) It was a fun weekend and i think Denard Harris at Portside Marina is planning on doing it again next year on the same weekend.

Randy

fojoloy said:
NCangler (Randy Durham) ,You and the others that put together this event got some great coverage including pics in this months issue of NCboatinglifestyle . WAY TO GO !
For all the attention you are stirring up for Triumph--they should keep you furnished with their top of the line annually at NO CHARGE to you. HINT! HINT!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.