NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Some guys from the Jon Boat club of NC Greensboro division Bass fished it yesterday and did pretty good. Winning bag was over 18lbs.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
EDIT:
If you are fishing on Tuesday, you won't be able to fish Randleman. It's only open Wed-Sunday.
----------------

Fishing buddy of mine (father and son) fished the Mack yesterday, while I was out at Randleman on the main lake ("gas side") all day with my wife.

Buddy at Mack reported one or maybe two fish, up shallow but sparse bite. Someone he knows who knows a lot of 'sweet spots' at Mackintosh caught half a dozen or so. Overall things are not warmed up quite yet, but they are getting there.

We struggled at Randleman yesterday, most of the lake is still fairly cold and most of it is stained up. The upper ends are more stained but slightly warmer as is typical. Reports from the electric side with a jon-boat club that had a tourney (guys that have fished the electric end quite a few times and they know the area so tend to have good results) were a slow, sparse bite but a handful of big fish were caught. On the gas end, everyone I talked to caught either 1 or 2 all day, with a few skunks, except one guy who claimed he caught 5 smaller fish on moving baits. I didn't talk to everyone, obviously, but I didn't hear of any stellar bags. Surface temps on gas-side were 47-50 yesterday, so the warmup is in progress (was 41-44 last weekend in those same areas) but it's a sparse bite.

If you're bringing a motorized boat, I would fish whichever lake you know better; they sound to me like they are fishing about the same right now. If you're bringing an electric rig, the upper end of Randleman does appear to be warming just a bit faster than the main lake by the sound of it, but I haven't heard enough to compare to the non-gas sections of Mackintosh.

Either way, bring some cranks, swimbaits, and other moving baits you can fish in stained water and cover plenty of ground, and I think by this weekend you may do alright. Keep in mind there is a pretty good-sized tournament at Randleman this coming Saturday so I would expect some competition for spots as there will be a lot boats out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.