NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the success of MAD VA 1 last year, and the obvious success of MAD Morehead City, we have the registration open for MAD in Hampton VA. We need boats!! We have some signed up, and if you are close to the VA border, or want to head up and support Virginia, head over to the MAD site and sign up if you wish to sign up!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fishing up in the bay will be on fire for cobia. That's the biggest thing that's in the bay at that time, and plenty of flounder, reds and up to 3lb croaker from what I have heard.
Wallace's Bait and Tackle Marina is the main hub and where the event is held out of. Public launch right next door, gas at the marina, and all the live bait you'll need, including live eels for cobia. Most guys chum for them and put out eels on the bottom for them. Plenty of structure out on the bay, and the locals will certainly tell you where the good spots are!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Bob whats the dates for your event?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fished the bay out of Hampton for 12 years not that long ago. Know several folks that live not far from Wallace's. Cobia should be gone by end of August, normally a June fishery. August is all about flounder. Maybe some big Red Drum caught trolling (yes trolling) 9' shoal outside the CBBT by then. 3lb croaker for sure, I have a few of those citations. Big black drum around the CBBT islands?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be great if you still know some people that way that would like to sign up to take some troops fishing! We had I think 7 cobia caught last year mid august in 3-4 ft seas. Weather was REAL bad, but the boat I was on had 1 cobia landed and I think 2 others come off. Cant remember.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts