NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The volunteer forms for this year's Military Appreciation Day in Morehead to be held on May 30th are now available. We need boats and more boats and even more boats. As some of you know, since the very beginning of MAD the head boat Continental Shelf has been a major part of the events MAD has held. This year and probably never again will the Continental Shelf be available as it has been sold and moved to Little River, SC. Now all is not doom and gloom, arrangements have been made with another boat(s) for our Heroes to fish but we always need more private boats. It is hoped that we can reach at least the 125 boat number. Don't worry if your boat can not go in the ocean, there are plenty of opportunities to fish the river and marshes in the Morehead City area. Don't know the area, we have that covered to. JUST SIGN UP! WE NEED BOATS! http://militaryappreciationday.org/wp/

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
I don't live anywhere near the coast, but I will certainly bump your post. Good luck and thank you for working with our military service members!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I just have a junky little tin boat now but I guess its better than nothing maybe some guys will enjoy the haystacks or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh man, I'm so glad I found this post. Thank you all for participating. It's so cool that something like this is offered. I just signed the family up. The kids love to fish, even though we all just started a few weeks ago. They are going to have a blast.

Edit: Can we, and/or should we bring our own rods and tackle?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Comp first of all thank you for your service!! When it gets closer to the event they assign troops to boats, could be anything from backwaters to offshore just a numbers game. Boats that volunteer will have tackle ready to go but I'm sure most wouldn't mind you bringing your own.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
We showed up intending to take kids and familys on short fishing trips but they needed a boat for a couple troops who were boatless so we went fishing only prepared for bottom fishing light tackle. Didnt catch a lot of big fish but did catch a few and we all had a Great time. If you have never participated you should try you wont forget it. This is my 5th year and it feels Great.

A little clip from last year

And this year https://youtu.be/U8j_k8YFC_I

Reactions: Puddle and Bruce
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.