NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna buy a kayak in the next month or so and was leaning towards a mad river synergy 12. Anyone have any experience, info or opinions about em. Have done some research and seems like good choice for the creeks, ponds and maybe an ocasional trip to Ft. Fisher where I would mainly use it.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Very pretty boats. I have not paddled one and don't know anybody who's bought or fished out of one nor have I ever seen one on the water. No matches for "Synergy" in the member list boat field so I can't even refer to anybody who's got one. I can only talk observations, hypothesis and hearsay.

I heard they were fast from a guy at a shop. I've only read 1 review on them from a fisherman - not bad for paddling but he decided to return it and go with a traditional SOT.

The hull looks like it has a pretty strong keel effect, which should make it track better than other boats of similar length. May not turn as well due to that keeling. Lots of accessible storage since its an open-topped hybrid boat.

I'm a little curious at how they are to get in and out of - they're kind of deep and angled at the bottom so I'm not sure what they do in 1 or 2 inches of water.

They're the most striking looking boats in the shop on sawhorses, but they don't seem to have taken off with the fishing community. Wish I had more to go on...

·
Registered
574 Posts
If it is an option find a store that will let you take a demo of the boat for a paddle along with a couple others that you might be intersted in. I haven't heard any reviews of them sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.