NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just checking in to see who all is fishing MAD9 this coming weekend? I will be out with two service members, working this week to get my gear together and a plan put together. Trying to be sure I have everything lined up, and prepared for anything. I wan't my guys to catch fish, so I am sort-of looking for help, suggestions, and seeing what yall are doing that day.

What is everyone's plan, fishing wise, this weekend?

Nice weather:
Head out front in the morning to troll spoons for blues & spanish. #1 planer, #2 planer, and a bird. Cast into any and all bait balls we encounter with diamond jigs. Around noon, head inside and do some inshore stuff. Need some help here, if anyone can offer up some intel. Thinking about fishing the docks down in spooners creek. Have never done this, can anyone offer suggestions, or recommend something else?

*Also, do you think I can you pull a #2 planer with a Trevala jigging rod, and a Baitrunner 8000? Thinking about just bringing spinning reels this time instead, since last year two of the 3 guys I had have never fished before, and struggled with the conventional reels. I have never tried it though, so I don't want to get out there and not be able to do it.

Crappy weather: Run up to core creek and fish for drum in the creeks/bays before jarrett bay, also look for finger mullet (are they in there this time of year?). Once I get some in the livewell, go fish the docks in the creek with carolina rigs for flounder and maybe a drum. On the way back to Jaycee docks, drift the portwall as well.

Tides for the 31st:
CALO
Low - 3:53am
High - 9:37am
Low - 3:30pm

MHC
Low - 1:46am
High - 7:34am
Low - 1:32pm

What say ye?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am fishing it and I will be down early and fishing Friday and possibly Thursday. I was also hoping to see what some of the others had planned and make sure to put these guys on some fish.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I am fishing it and I will be down early and fishing Friday and possibly Thursday. I was also hoping to see what some of the others had planned and make sure to put these guys on some fish.
I'm also in it guys....for the first time!

Just like every time we take family and friends out, we want to put them on a good time. But, sometimes, even though the trip is considered a fishing trip (for us the captain). They have a good time....a great time just being on a boat!! The fish is just a plus. :)

My plan is if its pretty, you cant go wrong with near shore bottom fishing, or live line, live bait fishing this time of year. And as some one posted, drift fishing flounder in front of shack is productive method as well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just like every time we take family and friends out, we want to put them on a good time. But, sometimes, even though the trip is considered a fishing trip (for us the captain). They have a good time....a great time just being on a boat!! The fish is just a plus. :)
This is true. What time slot did yall choose? I told my guys to be ready to push from the dock at 7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts